Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blog #6

Never stop building your personal learning network.

What are personal learning Networks? How can they help you as a teacher? How are they formed? How can you create your own PLN? Who will be the first additions to your PLN?

I have never heard of personal learning Networks (PLN) until this assignment. Personal learning network is a network of people that you interact with. Throughout EDM 310 we have been building our PLN's without even knowing. Dr. Strange has been assigning us teacher's blog to review. I know I have been assigned some great blogs to review. I have learned and will continue to learn from these blogs we have been provided. PLN's help teachers stay connected to other educators and experts. These experts can be brought into the classroom via the web. Also, if the teacher does not know the answer to a students question and they are connected with an expert, they could find the answer quickly.

We can create our own personal learning network by staying connected on Twitter, Blogger, and Facebook. As previously stated, I have already added a few educators to my personal learning network. I am currently following 21st Century Educational Technology and Learning blog, as well as Primary Tech blog. These two blogs are great educational resources. I know as I get further in my education and once I enter my career, I will continue to build my personal learning network.

2 comments:

  1. Twitter is an excellent resource to be added into your PLN. Pinterest is another helpful resource for educators.

    Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Social media is a great way to connect with educators! I especially love Pinterest because I actually get to see what teachers are doing in the classroom. As future teachers, we need to add many people into our Personal Learning Network!

    ReplyDelete