Thursday, April 3, 2014

March C4K

Mamarei

For my first C4K I was assigned to Little Voices, Little Scholars blog. This is Mrs. She's second grade class blog from Pt. England School in Auckland, New Zealand. Mrs. She has integrated technology into her classroom. The students are creating pictures using a Kid Pix program and then making movies using iMovie. These children are only five and six years old. It is remarkable what these children are doing. I was assigned to Mamarei. The latest post was a video of the New England Way. This video was about what they have learned. For example: listening to the teacher, standing in line, taking turns and tidying up. I left a comment on the blogs stating: I enjoyed watching the video that you all created about Pt England way. It looks like you are learning a lot from school, including doing the right thing and how to use technology. I think it is great that you have a wonderful teacher that is able to teach you using technology.

Student's use iMovie to create movies in their classroom.

Amethyst

The second C4K that I was assigned to was Amethyst's blog. She is a fourth year student at Pt. England school in Auckland, New Zealand. Her last blog post was a link to her Pirate Map. She created the presentation on Google Docs. I left her a comment stating that she did a great job with her google doc presentation. I liked her pirate map. I tried it without using the solution page and it was a fun way to practice North, South, East and West.

Pirate maps are a great way to teach navigational skills.

Asena

The third C4K that I was assigned to was Asena's blog. She is a year seven student at Pt Englander in Auckland, New Zealand. The background of her blog is a drawing. I commented that I like the background. Her blog post was demonstrating her reading comprehension. She had question and answers about the book "Big Shift" by Jacqui Brown. The book is about divorcing parents. The family lived on a farm in the country. The mom decided to get a divorce and take the three children (one girl and two boys). They moved to a two bedroom apartment in the city. I left a comment stating that the book was a sad book. I complemented her comprehension skills. From her detailed description, I could paint an image in my head.

Big Shift by Jacqui Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment