Thursday, April 3, 2014

C4T #3

For my C4T #3, I was assigned The Ever Evolving Teacher. The last blog post was about persistence. This blog has a poster about persistence. It describes how to be persistent including learning from your mistakes, stay positive, reinforce your goal, check with an expert, reset your mind and check, change and use your plan. This blog explains that persistence is the process of achieving something, not actually achieving a goal. I agree with this statement. People who are able to work full time and be a full time student in a masters program are very persistent. I left a comment stating that I agreed with his explanation of persistent. I think people that are persistent are people who still pursue their goals regardless of the obstacles. There are some students that are in a full time masters program and work full time as well. I have great respect for these individuals. I could only imagine how hard it is, but this is just one example of persistence.

Persistence is the act of pursuing a goal that is hard to accomplish.

I went to The Ever Evolving Teacher blog again. There was not a new blog post since the previous time I viewed the blog. I viewed the blog that was posted prior to the last blog. This blog post was about a running record app. The teacher has to complete the data entry. The app has embedded formulas to help with the accuracy and self-correction rate. The running record can be saved as a file or an email, as well as, record the student's voice reading. The student's voice and the running records are synced and can be used for daily work and conferences. I left a comment stating that this app seems really useful for educators. I love the fact that it can be saved as a file or email, as well as, the fact the student's voice can be recorded. This would be very useful for teachers that are just starting out and are not very proficient in running records. They could go back and make corrections if needed.

Running records are a great tool to access reading accuracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment