Sunday, March 30, 2014

Blog #10

What can we learn from Sir Ken Robinson?

Sir Ken Robinson is changing elementary education.

After watching Bring On the Education Revolution, I realized you can learn a lot from Sir Ken Robinson. He brought up the fact that teachers need to enjoy what they do. I completely agree with Sir Ken Robinson. Teachers who enjoy teaching are more engaged in teaching their students. They want their students to achieve. The teachers that do not enjoy teaching are probably just wanting the weekend to come. Students can tell if their teacher is engaged, if they see their teacher is not engaged then why should they be engaged? If the teacher enjoys what they do, then they will try and find innovated ways to teach their students. Sir Ken Robinson also made a comment about teenagers these days do not wear a watch. They do not wear a watch because they are living in a digital day were the time is everywhere. They could just look at the time on the phones or computers. Teachers need to learn from this. We can not teach the children the way we used to teach children. We have to use technology to get them engaged. We have to change the way we teach constantly based on the students we are teaching. Children are all different and do not learn the same. As a future teacher, I already know that I will have to customize my lesson plans every year to teach my students the best way they will learn.

2 comments:

  1. "... the way we use to teach children." used, not use

    Technology and PBL engage them. It is happening now in Baldwin County.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I completely agree with you that it is important for a teacher to enjoy what they do. As a student, if i can tell my professor doesn't care, it definitely makes me not care. I am always more drawn to the teacher that is passionate about what they are teaching about. Good post.

    ReplyDelete