Sunday, March 2, 2014

C4K Summary for February

Students blog to improve literacy.

Jillian
The first February C4K, I viewed Jillian's Blog. She is in the fifth grade. Her blog is tracking the progress of her cats, Adipose and Ewok. She is tracking their length and weight. The background of her blog was animated cats and she had a few pictures of her cats on her blog as well.On January 30, Jillian commented that she had to take her cat, Ewok, to the vet the previous day. She also commented that she was trying to weigh and measure her cats to update their stats to her blog, but she had not done so yet. I left a comment on her blog telling her how adorable her cats were and hoped that Ewok was okay. I also complimented her animated cat blog background.

Najae
The second February C4K, I was assigned to review Najae's Blog. Her blog post was a questionnaire called About You! She asked questions about where you live, gender, age, siblings, pets, and snow. She also wanted to know if you liked school, favorite book, and favorite color. I left a comment on her blog telling her she was asking a lot of great questions to get to know someone else. I also complimented her border of flowers around her questionnaire.

Jillian
The third week of C4K, I went back to Jillian's Blog. Her last blog post was about her cat Ewok. Ewok went to the faucet and started licking it. Jillian turned the faucet on and Ewok started playing in the water, as well as, drinking some. I told her that my sister's cat, Timmy, does the same thing. He refuses to drink from his water bowl. If he wants a drink, he goes to the faucet and meow's until my sister turns the faucet on. Cats do adorable things.

Lillah Marie Johnson
The final C4K for February was Lillah's Blog. Her most recent blog post was an essay of what she believes. She wrote her essay about judging other people. She quoted the bible to emphasis her points. She made it very clear that you do not know what other people are going through, so do not judge them or bully them because of what we see. She also mentioned the tragic story of Phoebe Prince. Phoebe was a 16 year old girl who was bullied and one day she went home and hung herself. Her 10 year old sister found her. I informed Lillah that I was very impressed with her blog post. I agree with her, that no one should judge or bully another person. We do not know what other people are going through. As a society, we should look at what happened to Phoebe Prince and learn from her tragic story. As a future educator, I hope bullying will stop, so we do not lose any more innocent children.

No comments:

Post a Comment